Monday, December 10, 2012

Stalk my Weekend: Pancakes, Markets, Fried Chicken

I has Com
We went to Nunawading Farmers Markets on Sunday. This market is awesome for their food and we had not gone in ages. There was a big Filipino BBQ truck right at the door. I wanted some BBQ chicken sticks and D saw that they had corn. He said he wanted a corn cob and I was like this huh?? He never had a corn cob before. Mick said don't get it as he won't eat it. D replied, "Yes I will!" So what does Chinese Mum do? Buy the darn corn of course, anything for my son. Handed over  $3 for a corn and I gave it to him. He pulled it out of the bag and said this is the biggest corn I have ever seen. I laughed as well as it was really huge. Now you will recall that he has never eaten a corn cob before. I had to show him to turn it on the side and bite. He held onto that corn like his life depended on it.

Chocolate Sauce Waffles!
Another food stall that I had not seen before was a French Crepes and Waffles one. I think I pretty much ran like a crazed woman to the stall when I saw it from the distance. I have been trying to find a waffle maker that is decent. Does anyone have any to recommend? Driving me bananas! I think I am almost ready to give up. Doesn't this look amazing? D did not want to even look at it. He had a lick of a bit of chocolate and that was it. He went back to his corn. By this stage, there was nothing left of the corn. I think Pickles had a few bites, Mick and I had a bite each and D had eaten the entire cob! I am  now wanting some waffles again... I need to stalk this store!

I'm totes so hawt right now
D got upset as the sun was in his eyes and I could not find his sunglasses. He had to borrow Mick's. Which is very brave considering Mick had lost an earlier pair of Ray Ban aviators after D got hold of it. It has reminded me that it is now summer and I have waited one entire year to decide if I need additional window tinting. You would think that I would have organised this over winter. But noooo....

Pancakes and SuperHeros
Someone on Twitter gave me the heads up on these Peter Alexander PJs for Boys. I had been waiting and waiting for them to come out online. When it did I only saw 1 design and made a trip to Doncaster for these. Close to Christmas, weekend plus Doncaster Westfield = Frigging stressed at parking situation. But anyway $169 later! I bought 2 of these and 1 adult sized Superman one for Mick. Seriously $60+! He loved it so I let it go. But these were $50 and I nearly fainted myself. The Chinese mum in me just said let it go and let them have it. They did thank me for the PJs and actually they love wearing them. I am still crying in the corner at my credit card balance. 

We also had pancakes this weekend as we ran out of bread. This is D's first taste of pancakes, he hates it so much that he has always refused them. Pickles devoured like 2 of them, he is usually the sweets/cakes person. The first time I fed D pancake he was about 7months old. He had it and then vomited a bit later. Never ever again did I dare to offer pancakes or eggs for a long time. I guess I put him off pancakes.

Salt & Pepper Chicken Ribs
I leave you with King's Jade salt and pepper chicken ribs rice. You know when you just want fried chicken? And you know that KFC would be such a bad substitute that you do not bother to go get any? Well I was hit with the fried chicken craving on Saturday night. On Sunday it was a mad rush to go get fried chicken. Good ol' King's Jade and their Hong Kong menu. Yummy... hits the spot. 

18 comments:

  1. I suddenly have a huge craving for corn on the cob! So jealous of D right now hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ran out and bought corn on the cob on Monday for them. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the pic of D with the corn! How adorable do your boys look in matching pj's!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matching PJs is adorable. What a pain it was $50 each set. :(

      Delete
  3. Your boys slay me. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just realized your posts are always about food! Yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always about food here.. i'm food obsessed on weekends. Weekdays it's noodle obsession.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I usually try to be matchy with these two. Cos it's adorableee.

      Delete
  6. Your boys are super cute! I bet you Mick had to eat his words when D finished the corn! Lol! And...I think you need to get a photo of all three of your boys in that pjs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more like huh i wanted to have some corn too!

      Delete
  7. mmmm that corn looks tasty, and the boys look extra cute in their rich man Pj's :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rich man Pjs is a very appropriate description!! OMG :)

      Delete
  8. You ought to get the Peter A Wonder Woman PJ Set yourself then you'd be a complete superhero family hahaha. If superhero merchandise is a winner with the boys, here's another option: http://www.superherostuff.com/
    My guy buys lots of his tees from there and insists in being matchy2 so gets me stuff too (secret cringe LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do you have to show me that website? I'm on shopping ban. LOLLL says me who ordered nail polish!

      Delete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...