Monday, December 3, 2012

Stalk my Weekend: Killer heels and Picnic

I still have not recovered from my weekend. My feet have packed up and left me. I was wearing my Louboutin Very Prive as they were the highest (non-stripper) heels that I had for my work Christmas function. I did not exactly want to be swinging around poles in a floor length dress on a Friday night infront of people I work with so I left the thigh high boots at home. The problem is they are slightly loose (don't ask) and I improvised with some packaging from the Leg and Foot Pamper gift received from La Clinica. Thank you very much for the pack! The foot scrub and gel definitely came in handy the next day.

Improvising so my shoes don't fall out
I put my makeup on while the boys were having dinner. I think Pickles was most suspicious of what was happening as he kept staring at my made up face. I wore Mac Girl about Town lipstick which was brand new - don't get excited as one of the boys already smashed it. Nars Deep throat - get used to seeing this name on this blog as this is now the ONLY blusher I own as I gave away the rest. Illasmasqua Neutral Palette and Mac Into the Light eyeshadow. PS.. if you like my eyebrows they were only $8 for threading!

Face of the night
We finally left at almost at 8pm as I was frumping about regarding the shoe issue. Mick followed up by I told you so, you needed to get the dress hemmed. When we got to the venue, I thought what on earth! It looked like an abandoned warehouse that was overrun by cobwebs on the outside and was right opposite the housing commission flats. All was ok after we turned the corner. I could see a red carpet rolled out.

New York theme
That was the scene inside of the warehouse. It was pretty nice and the food was sectioned off to different areas. There was also a front section which was quieter where they had jazz music and called it Central Park. As the theme was New York, we had burgers, hot dogs, slow roasted lamb, schnitzel baguettes and tacos. There was also a bakery section with pretzels, cupcakes and brownies. At least the bar was not as strict as Crown used to be. We were allowed to take more than one drink at a time. LOL.

Abandoned shoes
Check out someone else's abandoned shoes in the corner. LOL when we went back they had been taken. Ooohhhhh..I never found out who it belonged to. My feet were ready to pack up and leave me by 11pm. I could barely stay standing while Mick went to get the car. And honestly I could barely walk across the road. Someone on Twitter said he never understood why women keep wearing these uncomfortable shoes. My explanation is it's like childbirth. You forget and keep going back. Quite frankly I don't know childbirth and never experienced labour b

Smooze Frozen Treats
The next day was weird, hot and humid. We sat outside to have a mid morning picnic as D wanted some food. We had Kurrajong Kitchen Lavosh with cream cheese. These are yummy little lavosh style crackers which we had with cream cheese below. And we shared a Smooze freezer treat which was frozen coconut milk and pineapple juice. D does not like eating cold things like ice cream, he had a lick and handed it over to me. But Pickles grabbed on and would not give it up. It is just the right size for a small treat and definitely went down well on Friday and Saturday as it was so hot. Honestly have you been stuck with an entire large ice cream that you cannot finish? No you say? Well I have and these little packets are just enough for me. We were kindly sent these two items for review so thank you very much as the boys are ransacking the pantry for the Lavosh!!

Cream Cheese with Kurrajong Kitchen Lavosh

Strawberry Munching
D also wanted to go to the playground and there was a farmers market there by coincidence. We bought some strawberries, a pie, cherries and a packet of ravioli. I wished that I bought two punnets of them now.

So Hammy right Now
I leave you with what I found in Aldi last Saturday after the markets. If you follow me on Twitter you will get it. 

17 comments:

  1. Love the new layout and the improvised shoe straps ;) Have you party feet-ed and heel grip-ed them to the max??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's not go there. I bought the Insolia and I already had the inserts and i still cried.

      Delete
  2. I have never tried Deep Throat, I use Nars Orgasm have you tried that? WTF is up with the sex names by the way?

    Do you own thigh high boots? I've never seen anyone pull them off without looking really slutty but I'm sure it can be done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had Nars Orgasm (yeah i know right re: names) and I gave it to someone else who loved it more than me. DT is more pink whereas Orgasm is more peachy. I love both of them to be honest but I just don't wear that much so I gave it to a friend who would use it more than me. :)

      And yes I have thigh high boots. Patent white and 7inch heels. I think if they are not as high (not patent) and worn over the knees can be really cool.

      Delete
  3. Your eyebrowns look great! Did the threading hurt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it hurts, i won't lie. LOL but it's like waxing and repeat after me as I did the entire night with those shoes. Pain for beauty.

      Delete
  4. Clever trick with the ribbons for the shoes - sounds like they worked too! I can't believe you got threading done for $8, I am totally in need of a go-to threading place in sydney.

    Meanwhile, deep throat looks fab on you! I've yet to try it as I'm currently obsessed with NARS gaiety (with orgasm as my night time blush with lots of laguna over the top). I might just have to give it a shot now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now regretting giving away the Orgasm. LOL but no I have enough!! That will be my mantra.
      I have no idea how to use Laguna so I won't even go there. But I do like the ol' Copacabana under the blusher as a highlighter.

      Delete
    2. And BTW the ribbon trick worked! No slippage. HAHAH but as the shoes were covered up it didn't matter. I don't think it will look as good if I was wearing a knee length dress. $8 threading FTWWWWW!!!!

      Delete
  5. Oh gawd there's that damn ham again, lol! Anyways, you look gorgeous in your FOTD shot. I've been lemming that NARS Deep Throat blush forever AND Girl About Town too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you get $8 threading?? I so need to get this done. I have all these blonde hairs that I can barely see to tweeze, but catch the light.

    What is it with the Prive's being too loose? You're the second person who's said that about them. Love your improvised straps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea about prives. CL's sizing is all over the shop and I read that they re-jigged the sizing of Prives. So when you used to have to go upwards in size it's suppose to be TTS now. Who knows! I do not dare touch CLs anymore unless I can try on in real life.

      Delete
  7. ROFL!!!! I saw the ham in the and yes...I had to laugh!!! Ok, so where's this $8 threading??? Mine costs $20 and umm...I need to get it re-done..soon. Love the look of Nars Deep Throat on your cheeks. I'm still a Nars virgin so soon, I'm going to have to break that curse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i cannot believe that I forgot to bring out the goodies the other Saturday! Sigh.. I will find out about threading near your area! Mine is too far for you.

      Delete
  8. You look amazing, also love the shoes, so at least you didn't suffer in vain. :)

    How gorgeous was the venue of your Christmas party!

    And I still can't get over how cute your boys are!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...