Friday, December 28, 2012

Leftovers Vogue KK and Ice Cream


Continuously hijacked to drop $2 on these rides 
YAY YAY YAY the shops are open again! One day of sitting around like a sloth eating so much food ... and not to mention napping like a boss as well. We went to the local shops to get strawberries for the ice cream maker. The Aldi special buy $25 ice cream maker caught my eye. I actually hauled this darn thing all the way from the CBD store back home. The point of buying this was because I already given Mick his totally romantic Christmas present - a hot shot BBQ set in an aluminium case. By the time I dragged the darn machine back on a train and everything I just threw all my bags at him (lovingly) at the house. Of course he noticed the brand - Lumina and I was flipping the Aldi catalogue with said machine in it with him later that night. He guessed what it was ... DUH. Well least I saved on wrapping paper. Do you remember those rides that D and L are on? My brother and I used to stare at those rides and sat in it .. stationary. And we used to be sad that we never got any coins for it. Yes yes.. I'm kind of compensating that by 'wasting' my $2 coins everytime we come here.

Leftovers in action
Another problem with post Christmas come down is the leftovers. Oh man was there leftovers. I have ham phobia now. I cooked Hokkien eggie noodles like my previous post ... except I used ham instead of pork. What I did was go to Aldi to do a Hokkien noodle run. It was DISGUSTING. This thing was the worse packet of noodles I have ever encountered. The texture of the noodles was wrongtown. It crumbled and was not in strands if you know what I mean. Currently Aldi I am not in love with you. You better redeem yourself with really good ice cream man! I had to substitute for dry thin egg noodles which was really blah. Boys were not interested and D said later he did not want the noodles. FAIL.

Aldi Ice Cream maker a-churning
This is the ice cream maker churning.. keep on churning Mr Lumina Ice Cream maker. It is a small bowl that you have to freeze for 8 hours or more. That is fine with us... the bowl size is also ok as we usually just have small quantities of ice cream. Yeah I am one of those freaks that eats one square from a family size chocolate bar and would leave it alone afterwards. The boys helped with the ice cream making. Pickles added sugar in and D poured in the ingredients. Churn ... churn churn... then freeze. So really it's just 20-30mins of churning. This thing served the purpose and honestly I think the price tag just enabled me to buy it. If it was a Cuisinart which I think looks amazing btw, I would not have bought it. I would have thought yeah that's nice and I probably wouldn't use it.
Amazeballs Strawberry Ice Cream
After one taste, I was converted. It was amazing.... The missing bits were from D and Pickles who ate a scoop each before we did. This was using one punnet of strawberries. As you can see it made a small amount. But it tasted so good! I am going to make some more tomorrow.. Woohoo.

HURRO KITTY & Lancome Eyeliner
I finally opened my Vogue KK gift that I received from the lovely L. :) Yay yay yay... Hurro Kitty Sigg bottle!!!!!!! My very own SIGG!! And a green Lancome eyeliner as she stalked me online where I was told I had to wear more colour. This is totally exciting. How cute is that bottle? And the eyeliner ... ooohhhh Lancome! I really enjoyed being in the Vogue KK and had a ball buying for mine. From L's note I think she enjoyed it too. I am very stalkable HAHHA..



14 comments:

  1. I am so lazy in making my own ice cream... I still have so much frozen mangoes that I need to use up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have bought quite a few mangoes this year too! I have the chobani yoghurt popsicle maker and I just cut them in cubes and top with yoghurt to freeze. The boys have tasted it already and seemed to enjoy it. I'm going to have mine later! :)

      Delete
  2. I have a Cuisinart Icecream maker. Must get around to making more ice-cream now that it's summer. mmm mango icecream. I've made a Nutella one too...too sweet though. Coffee would be delish. Must try.

    But I do love my Ben and Jerry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do you!! OMG how like totes exciting! Seriously try the strawberry! It's really easy and yummy. You'll never go back to store bought strawberry ice cream.

      Delete
  3. What a great price for an ice-cream machine. I was contemplating the kitchen aid attachment but I think that is 100 dollars or something. I ended up getting this China rip-off Zoku popsicle maker which was only 25 dollars too and have had good use out of it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my thing too.. It's $100 minimum. So I thought $25 I would give it a whirl. LOL at China rip off Zoku.

      Delete
  4. How much was the ice cream maker? Looks fab and as long as it does the job I'm sold (I don't need the cuisinart or kitchenaid label!) And that strawberry looked awesome.

    My only problem is I'm impatient. 8 hours pre freezing of the bowl? I never think that far in advance :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I realised you mentioned the price. I just got so excited by ice cream I went straight to the photos haha! Is it always that price though? Must trot off to my local aldi...

      Delete
    2. Neither do I!!! 8 hrs of pre-freezing = planning. Nope that doesn't work. I WANT IT NOWWWW..
      I can't understand $195 for the Kitchenaid ice cream maker. And you cannot buy the american version as it will not fit in our australian model.

      Delete
  5. We don't have an Aldi in Adelaide yet (shock) but apparently it's coming and looking forward to all it's bulk shelf glory :) glad you like the pressy, I loved buying for you and that sigg hello kitty was too hard to resist! L :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noessss that's right there is no Aldi in Adelaide. It's not actually bulk shelf to be honest. The bulk shelf is Costco - a bit too overwhelming. But Aldi is one/two of their home brands. They usually have only one choice. There's no other brand. One choice of savoury wafer thin biscuits, that's it. One choice of toilet paper but one is more premium and another cheaper. Cream - One brand, no need to stand there and calculate the unit costs between brands. It's shocking at first and most people don't like it when they first walk in but now I'm very used to it and get overwhelmed with choice in brands.

      Delete
  6. Ah I see! Sounds good to me! L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just bougt my lumina from aldi today, and looking at others review didnt look promising. Accidentally come across your blog, really excited, would go and buy some strawberry tomorroe. But yet to make space for freezing the bowl.... :((

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just bougt my lumina from aldi today, and looking at others review didnt look promising. Accidentally come across your blog, really excited, would go and buy some strawberry tomorroe. But yet to make space for freezing the bowl.... :((

    ReplyDelete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...