Monday, February 11, 2013

The CLAW: Sneak Peek OPI Oz The Great and Powerful


I Theodora You and Which is Witch?

I was kindly sent these two colours to swatch by OPI from their new Oz The Great and the Powerful collection. The two colours featured on the Claw are "I Theodora You" and "Which is Witch". The Oz collection appears to be nudes and glitters with one colour called "What Wizardry is This" as a liquid sands polish. Nudes never go out of fashion as you would know and for upcoming Bridezillas, seriously look into considering this colour. It is a nude with pink undertones. I think Bubble Bath, an OPI best seller, does not have this pink undertone. But feel free to correct me as I do not have Bubble Bath. I have only seen it on someone else.

In artificial lighting
Once again, OPI's formula is really easy to paint on. In fact, I managed to do this while on the phone on Friday evening. As it was a nude colour, it was really forgiving.. woohoo! I realise that I have not had a Claw post in ages. Well, I had issues with weak and chipping nails and had to lay off the pretty colours! Sad face here... 

So I am compensating with lots of pictures of these two shades in various lighting. Bear with me! Once again there is also a funny story to all this! Stick with me and I will tell all at the end.

Closeup on Which is Witch in the sun
As you can see the pink is a pretty shade of pale milky pink. This colour reminds me of one of my first nail polishes. It was a milky pink like this one. I bought it from this lady who used to wear dark lined lips and nude matte dry as brown lipstick. It was the 1990s.. I think I am still mentally scarred from those days. Let's stick to the nail polish discussion as I am shaking in the corner right now rocking back and forth. Back to the glitter, it is a pretty silver based holographic glitter with different shapes of glitter specks. It does not feel rough to touch and actually I think it is up there with Hello Darling 24K as a fav.

Action shot in the car

Oh look pretty pink nude and GLITTER in the shade
Ok and onto everyone's favourite the garden CLAW pictures. I am suppose to know the name of some of these plants. Insert Mick rolling his eyes here. He tells me blah blah blah I pulled out the blah blah name of plant. I go huh? Which one? He starts describing it and I'm like oh those broccoli looking ones. Then he gets all upset like I put all these plants in so you have a nice garden and you never notice them. With that in mind, can someone also remind me what is the name of that first tree below? He has only told me a million times. I can't help it, I grew up in an apartment. We only had pots of chillis!

I erm forgot the name of this plant but look at my nails!
This is the Broccoli looking thing
This one is thankfully easy - ROSE!
This was 3 coats of the I Theodora You. I did very light coats as I knew that I was going to do 3 coats. Also if you notice there is only one coat of the glitter Which is Witch that I used like a top coat. Well ... the story is this. I was painting my nails while on the phone and I did this one nail with one coat. I was going to go back and put on another thicker layer so you can see the glitter better. Well .. this is the equivalent excuse of my Dog ate my Homework. Because I left the two bottles on the table next to the couch. Guess who got to my "paints"? Pickles must have stolen them and I can only find I Theodora You. He took that one bottle outside to the front deck to sit with it. I do not know where the other one is!!! And I cannot find my base coat either. I asked him, see this one? Holds the pink bottle up. Where is the other one like this glitter? He says Paint! Paint! Me: URGH...bends down and starts looking under the couch. So incredibly sorry guys and I have to apologise to OPI's PR as well. MY KID STOLE MY NAIL POLISH! I will find this and come back with a  glitter vengence!

22 comments:

  1. I love it! I think the glitter sets it off and still acceptable in a corporate enviroment! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect actually, the silver glitter is very subtle too.

      Delete
  2. LOL! I wonder what he did with the glitter nail polish! Wonder what he painted that with!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG so far - nothing that I can see. But he was crazy obsessed with nail polish and he knows how to open it. So i'm scared!

      Delete
  3. Oh pretty! I have Bubblebath and mine is definitely not as pink, would be perfect for french tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually would be. I think it's really pretty.

      Delete
  4. I love Theodore You! Hopefully you find the nail polish before Pickles does again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm losing hope.. but Mick said he's going to help look tomorrow. LOL

      Delete
  5. LOL the broccoli looking plant! I hope your glitter polish turns up - too pretty not to use again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Broccoli plant hahahahhahah Yeah I can't believe it! Should have known better because he loves these 'paints'.

      Delete
  6. I love that polish. A really beautiful and subtle colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only saw pics of the other colours and they were nude as well and brown/beige based. Just prefer this one as there is a pinkish tone :)

      Delete
  7. This is too funny, such a role reversal between you and Mick! It's also hilarious that your kid(s) stole your nail polish! I thought it only happened when you had girl babies!

    I must say that I Theodora You is a gorgeous shade and goes beautifully on your skintone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks N ... I am telling you these boys...
      And the garden - I get so confused with all these plants! I only know the hibiscus as it's a South east asian flower. LOL

      Delete
  8. oohh pretty! I didn't realise they were bringing out an Oz collection. I love that glitter! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you check this colour out for your wedding :)

      Delete
  9. Oh I like these. Speaking of polish, I tried some of those Alex Perry ones that came free with Marie Claire. They are soooo bad. Chips pretty much immediately.

    How do you kept getting free stuff out of interest? Hope thats not rude to ask? Are you promoting your blog in the www?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind sharing - I'll email you later today.

      Heheh I heard of the Alex Perry ones. There was a red and an orange I think. But I didn't get any.

      Delete
  10. Such pretty shades!! I am tempted to pick up that glitter...

    ReplyDelete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...