Thursday, February 7, 2013

Stalk my Monday: The Horror of all Horrors


I am typing this still tired and half asleep... this week has flown by... and I cannot believe it.

The story behind my horrid Stalk my Monday morning goes like this. It started innocently enough.. I was dreading leaving on Monday morning for a work trip to Sydney. I normally do not get to travel at all for work and honestly I really did not want to go. The agenda was so long and I did not want to fly up for the weekend even though I wanted to see my friends. It would mean that I would be away for longer from the boys. And they have swimming classes!!! Anyway, I was a sad sack. My irrational fear of not being able to wake up in time resulted in the worst sleep that night. Pickles also cried and had gone back to sleep on the couch. I woke up.. and I heard a train in the distance. How can there be a train if it's only 4-something in the morning? I had set my alarm for 5am. Rolls over.. oh what 5.40!! I'm suppose to have been in a cab 15minutes ago for the 6.30am flight.

Seriously .. let me tell you, I have never run in and out of a shower so fast and threw bits and pieces together at the same time. The poor cab driver must have had a heart attack from me yelling at him! I ran .. ok I ran in LV flats. Those shoes were not made for running!! The reason for running like a mad woman was I had changed my flight as I was suppose to be in the same car as some executives on the 6.30am. Which also meant that EVERYONE heard my name being paged for not being on the flight. I saw the plane from the window at 6.25am. Flight closed. 2 words you never want to see. The Qantas lady was trying not to laugh at me panting and waving my phone QR Code for check-in at her. I got on the 7am ....

A bed never looked so good

Wood Paneling never looked so GOOD

I was in an all day meeting.. Did I say all day? Yes it was all day in a room with the same people that were speaking a different language. I checked into the luxurious The Darling Hotel at 7pm. I was tempted to just pretend that I was stuck in the hotel bed. It sucked me in. But i embarked on a 4km walk to The Rocks. We went the long way. We shall never discuss this again. It was truly the scenic route. But seriously. LV flats not made for walking either. Mental note to pack sneakers for any other trip that I might have again. At this stage, I am dreaming of that bed. But I get back nearly at 11pm. This is not fun.
Oh hello Rain showerhead

BEST THING EVER
I needed instructions to use the shower. What is this knob? Turns it and get drenched from the rain shower head above. Next time, I need to check out the actual hotel website for these features -> I booked through our corporate site. Imagine my excitement at Molton Brown toiletries and on top of that finding a Nespresso machine in the drawer. Hello! I needed pods anyway. I plonked a silk tea bag in my cup of hot water. Bliss.. meanwhile due to failure in reading the website, I did not know that the blinds were electronically controlled. Actually everything is controlled electronically! Through your trusty remote control for the TV including the wakeup alarm function. I shall stop here as I am starting to sound like a total country bumpkin that never saw the inside of a hotel room.

Checking out with tears in my eyes as I roll down to the office
My big A.Wang did not fit under the seat
Left the office at 3.40pm to catch the flight back - without running this time. It was ... boring.. LOL Where's the adrenaline rush? I can tell you that I was really missing home. I never felt so happy to see the inside of a smelly Melbourne cab. I gave him greasies in case he thought I was a stupid tourist who had no idea where I was going to. Nevermind that I was going to home to the sticks!

The most fun part is.. 

When I left home, the house looked like this... 

Nothing says suburbia like a beige house
And I came home to this 
D was running out to see me
Holler - no DIY, no yelling at Mick and the boys, no screaming why is there half a forest on my front lawn? When the heck will you finish this. Outsourcing is the new black. Best.ever. 
Mick will grow a grapevine upwards to create some shade against the afternoon sun. I am not even sure when I came up with this idea as the original thing was to pave the entrance. I got sick of the stupid gravel and I am not sure why Mick dumped some big ones out the front which makes me feel like I am tripping over in my heels everytime I walk out the house. 

Bet you now cannot wait till the next time I travel interstate again and see what I come home too right?


18 comments:

  1. Oh I feel your pain. I have missed at least 5 flights in the last few years - never seem to learn my lesson.

    I LOVE that showerhead - that is on the must have list when I get around to my renovations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE SHOWERHEADDDD was amazeballs. I tell you. Everyone needs one. The normal ones just don't cut it.

      LOL the worst was i changed from 6.45 to 6.30 flight as well. Oops...

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh so this is what happened. Missing flights isn't fun and actually very stressful. Sounds like you were glad to get home and D was super excited to see his Mum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOOOO glad to see the inside of a smelly Melbourne cab lol.
      Yeah he was SUPER excited, he ran out and actually opened the door by himself.

      Delete
  3. hahaha I had to laugh about running in LV flats! Thats the worst feeling about seeing 'flight closed!' makes you panic.

    Hotels looked amazing - I remember the first time D and I went to sydney together.. we stayed at the Hilton and they also have those ceiling showers BUT the funniest part was it was automated by sensors so as soon as you stood underneath it turned on - D walked around the room checking it all out even the bathroom and then yes! he opened the shower as it was huge.. walked in and the water turned on LOLOL I had nver seen the boy move so fast in this life!

    Your house looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks H about the house! :)

      HAHAHAH my ankles are still hurting from that running PLUS 4km walk in those same shoes. OMG what a killer. Wow Sydney has the best and plushiest hotels! How come we don't get fancy shower heads? LOL at sensor ones! That is hilarious.

      Delete
  4. Oh no, what a way to start a work trip! Travelling for work is truy horrid, hate it (only done it once thankfully!). At least you came home to an awesome new front entrance. Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it looks so different right? I need to get more pics! And coming from you it is such a big compliment! xx

      HAHAH the last 2 trips I had for work were international and they were much more leisurely! LOL

      Delete
  5. Way too many things I want to comment on!! Firstly I've missed a flight from Melbourne to Perth which isn't fun as it's a long flight and the next one wasn't until the next day!!

    I wish my home was being mini-renovated right now as I'm in NZ but unfortunately I'm probably going to see an overgrown garden with the lawn needing a serious mow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ZOMGGG thank goodness mine was to Sydney during peak hour and there was one departing every 15minutes!

      AHAHAH yeah I know what you mean. Overgrown or half dead from the heat. LOL

      Delete
  6. Hi Ling, ugh I know I would've had a terrible pit-of-the-stomach-disintegrating feeling realising I'd woken up late! :( I'm so glad it looks like you were able to get to Sydney and do what you needed to do - and WOH your place is looking great! :D

    Action point - how to smuggle the wakeup caller thingy?! ;) LOL

    Yay for Nespresso!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wakeup call thingy was like wowwwww.. HAHAH i felt like a total country bumpkin oohing and aahing about everything in the room. It was hilarious.

      Thanks for the compliment about my place. :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, if only you came home to mini-renovations every time you travelled! Are there more projects coming up - that decking looks fantastic - and is so much better than the gravel you had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I should go away more right?
      OMG gravel is like the bane of my existence! How many times I felt like I was going to trip over!

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh. Ling. Being the productive person I am - I was clearing my vogue messages and came accross a convo we had back in 2009! Apparently I dreamt about you? LOL!!!!!! Why I actually told you I have no idea but it does make me sound like a weirdo. You were also not a mummy yet! Wow, time flies!

    Just thought i'd share. Oh wait. This is the one thing i'm sharing yet again that makes me sound like a creep. I really can't help myself.

    LOL

    - KK xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO WAI!!! LOL
      What was the conversation about? :) I need to check mine!
      Not weirdo at all.

      Delete
  9. Travelling for work is the WORST! Ugh hate hate, but at least you got an awesome hotel room.

    Front porch (is that what it's called?) looks great. Go away more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah porch.. channeling a big US mansion right now. LOL

      Delete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...