Wednesday, February 13, 2013

New Weekday Makeup Stuffs

I am not sure if you guys know, but my weekday makeup routine used to be - NIL.
Yeap that's right, bare face. Insert look of horror here. Some positive influenced by the lovely beauty bloggers and my skincare/makeup BFF at work. I am now putting in some effort. Some.. not a lot. But hey, when compared to bareface. Anything is improvement right? Although I have to say that it never bothered me to be makeup free in public. If you are a beauty blogger - insert horrified look emoticon here.


I caved and bought the Shu Uemura Glow Fit compact powder... did I tell you that it is SPF26 as well? Perfect as I am lazy and I sometimes skip sunscreen for my face. Queue the horrifying look of my Mum here. Mum is the ultimate in sun-fearing Chinese lady. She will stick an umbrella in your face and will change seats on a bus in Singapore 200 times on a trip if required to avoid the sun.


I have to admit that I caved before finishing the little sample pack because Strawberrynet gave me an additional 5% off "welcome back" discount. I later found out that I wasn't special, as most people also had that offer and a higher discount. Insert sigh here. Honestly I felt bad for buying online as the ladies there have always been nice to me. But it was half the price from Strawberrynet! The compact box is included with the powder whereas it is sold separately here.


I have to say that I had not bought a MAC lipstick ever in my life. I am not sure why or what happened. But I seemed to have the wrong memory or something stuck in my head. I have always associated MAC with being dry and matte. This is another throwback to the late 1990s back when MAC only just landed in Singapore. Yes I was the hip teenager with money alright - don't judge. It was the original Viva Glam that I had in mind, that red one! I think my friend had this as I do not remember ever buying it. This is where the story blurs.. as to why I had a misconception of MAC lipsticks. Anyway, fast forward to seeing Girl About Town in real life. I was like yeah yeah yeah buy buy buy. I bought it from eBay and gosh was it glam or was it glam. Creamy in texture, long lasting and beautiful vanilla scent. Hooked at first swipe.  

My skincare BFF then bought something from the Sheen Sumpreme range, I believe it was New Temptation.. followed by someone else in the office who bought Insanely It. I had a package in the US waiting to be shipped and I jumped on MAC US site to have a look. Yeah Full Speed looks ok from swatches online. Oh did I mention it was $16 on the US site and includes free shipping within the US? There was no additional costs either to consolidate and ship my two packages to Australia. There you go.. parcel forwarding 101 - don't spend often but spend big when you do and consolidate. Most companies offer free shipping within the US so make use of those! :)


11 comments:

  1. I love MAC full speed! excellent choice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap! :) I saw that you featured it in one of your posts too.
      Isn't it great!

      Delete
  2. You are blessed with beautiful skin that doesnt NEED makeup. Lippy looks fantastic, and i approve of your bargain shipping skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy.. tis not that true. A lady at daycare thought I stacked off a bike too like Mick did cos I had a weird scar patch thing on my forehead. HAHAAH

      Delete
  3. It was Zen Rose, Margaret. Now give me my bloody payrise.

    Love,
    Zen Hen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOPPPSS what payrise? LOL one should be grateful we don't get a paycut. ;)

      Delete
  4. Shu Uemura has always brought out great products. I'm forever lusting over them!
    same with MAC, recently I have been trying out MAC lipsticks and adding some to my collection.
    I'm planning a Mini Review on one soon actually. I love to color but they never look right on me :(
    Thanks for the great post.
    Sakura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have discussed this heaps about Shu. :)
      I'm totally sucked in. Awesome, let me know when the review is up.

      Delete
  5. I love MAC lipstick...especially their collection of gorgeous reds

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm such a convert now! It's not funny.

      Delete
  6. You need to go to the EL Corporate store if you haven't already! Not quite as cheap as the US (grumble grumble) but at least you don't have to buy up big to save haha! Like your thinking though, buying up big once in a blue moon is so the way - says she who once did a mass order of 80 bottles of nail polish for herself and friends from the US.

    ReplyDelete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...