Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Stalk my Weekend: Meatballs and Heatwave

Don't we all loved the limited edition Speedys?
I bet that everyone's Melbourne blog has this in their first line. What is up with this heatwave? So what is up with this heat?! Poor Mick had to go on site at 6am on Saturday and Monday to get his work done before it got too hot. On Friday night I was reading an old magazine that I borrowed from the library. I think it was Dec 2012 issue of Instyle. Check out the old LV Speedys. I had no idea that graffiti LV was THAT OLD. REALLY!

Mumma needs sleep
Because Mick had left to work at 6am... this is my attempt at a sleep in. Hand the iToys over and hope for the best. D got up at 7am and kept running around asking where was Daddy. He made me call him and said that he missed him and asked if he will come home with Rice Bubbles. So he did come home with Rice Bubbles. The story behind Rice bubbles is that we do not buy it, it is a at daycare food that they get to encourage them to get to daycare in time.

On Saturday we went to Meatball and Wine Bar in the CBD to meet wtmontana who had arranged to meet me since last year when she was planning her trip to Melbourne. It was such a great place to catch up. Casual yet attentive staff and they made a chocolate milk for the boys. 

Cool sign there
Sliders Oh yummy
Missing one ball.. we eated it
We had beef meatballs with pesto salsa verde and beef ball sliders. Wtmontana had ordered an amazing Beef with red sauce and potato smash. SOOO Want some more smash!!! The beef sliders had pickles or gherkin in the brioche buns and I don't normally like gherkins but lord they just tasted so good together. 

Pickles being a ball too and putting his head on the table
For dessert, the boys had whoopie mac and ice cream. It was a lemon macaron with chocolate ice cream sandwich. They had been pointing to it the entire time so we had to get it for them. Again, I could not get a really good picture of it. So here's one of Pickles being a ball on the table. Look at that face!

Mick said we have halos
This is wtmontana and I with halos at the back of our heads. Mick thought it was tres artistic. LOL Ok.... the lighting in the place was not the best so we didn't manage to get more yummy food pics. But I guarantee you that the food is great!

Jade Kingdom Sago Pudding
It was social Saturday as we also took the boys out for dinner at our local Chinese/Malaysian place with Vita! This is what we had for dessert. I call it frog eggs to scare the boys. It was a sago pudding in gula melaka and coconut milk. Gosh it was good but look at how weird it looks.

Flowers from the garden
Social Saturday continued into Sunday! Where I had work Skincare BFF over for a BBQ. Helloooo porterhouse steaks on the BBQ and salad. Is there anything better than that? Nope! Sometimes you just want steak. These were the flowers from our front garden in a Bison vase that someone gave me years ago. How good is Bison Homewares?

Hope you had a big social weekend too! What did you get up to?

21 comments:

  1. i Totally remember the Speedy circa 2003. I was in year 11 and wanted one very muchly!

    I saw a "You might Also Like" and it was a photo of when D was first born. HE was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!! and so small! Look at how much they've grown now!!!

    Loved the rice bubble story. You'll be so grateful you documented the convos because as years go on, they might be forgotten!

    You and Wmontana look great btw :)

    - KK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah KK I was looking at his 7mth old face and thought what what? Sometimes D will recognise himself and say that's me and Mummy when I just came out of Mummy's belly.
      We are just mean people that don't allow rice bubbles. Imagine the fights when there is so much choice! AHHAHA

      Delete
  2. That food looks amazing!

    I hope the heat wave eases soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG you and me both. I can't take it anymore. I need a dip in "In the Night sky's" pool!!!

      Delete
  3. what a lovely weekend! i wish i had your problem with the heatwaves - we've only had two-three days of hot weather in brisbane this year, it's been raining so much all the other times! you have a wonderful blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yes I saw! What is going on? Swapsie?
      It was busy social packed weekend but always fun :)
      Thanks for that comment about my blog. x

      Delete
  4. Well, yes, I did get up to "no good" during the long weekend. Hello music fest. Yes a little late in the game but better late than never. Good think I didn't burn while being under the sun. Good thing about being a beauty blogger I guess - you re-apply sunscreen like crazy! Would love to try out tha Meatball place - yes, I don't mind some balls myself. ;) hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone needs balls! Really! It's a true story.
      I looked at the temperature and thought omgawd.. cos I am still haunted by BDO 2008. So hot and no shelter anyway. Never again!
      We need to go to Jus burgers too.

      Delete
  5. Hehe did D chew wtmontana's ear off with his adorable stories??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About how Mummy and Daddy didn't buy him something (insert sad face). You know what, so far he has only ever done it with you so you're spesh.

      Delete
  6. Poor you :( not being able to sleep in but your boys are so cute how could you turn them away hehe ~ Glad you guys liked MeatBall and Wine and I love love love Jade Kingdom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i'm really spoilt because Mick will take them in the morning and tell them Mummy is sleeping. Who doesn't like ball food :)
      And i'm always surprised that people go to Jade Kingdom haha it is like my local kopitiam.

      Delete
  7. Ok I have to put this out there. I HATE HATE HATE LV Speedys. I think they are so ugly. Sorry to the LV Speedy lovers out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My prob with the speedy is that it doesn't hold it's shape. I always see misshapened sagging bags if it is the monogram or any canvas. I guess it needs a cardboard bottom. LOL

      Delete
  8. wow your weekend looks amazing! mine was filled with nothing - not that I mind. It was so good to just unwind!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wished that mine was filled with nothing but watching crappy tv catchups online. LOL but can't ever do that when you have kids. :(

      Delete
  9. Bahaha frogs legs!! My mum is convinced I don't eat a lot of asian desserts because she never gave them to me to eat, so maybe thats a good way to ensure your little ones will never fight you for your dessert?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree, I wasn't given desserts much either! Us Asians love the savouries!

      Delete
  10. Best balls in town! I must go back for more ball on ball action soon :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. The meatballs looks so delicious! and meatball slider is always a win

    ReplyDelete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...