Thursday, March 7, 2013

Review: Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturising Lotion


I was kindly sent this Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturing Lotion to review recently. What I liked about the product brief was what they called the Triple Oat Complex - Oat Oil, Oat Essence and Oatmeal Flour. Personally I love oat porridge, slathered in condensed milk..mmmm Oats. Ok back to body lotion.

I have been using this over the crazy hot days we had in Melbourne. Where is the cool change? Where is the mandantory 20-something degree day in the week where everyone complains that they hate Melbourne Summer? I also had a gross heat rash that I needed to see a doctor for! So I have been using this actively the last 2 weeks. 

Mandatory Swatch Shot
Mandatory Smear Shot LOL
I am a body lotion fiend. I used body lotion everyday even when I was pole dancing. Girlfriend here had grip of steel as I never used to "cheat" with gripping lotions or anything. I cannot skip body lotion! But the one thing that I require is that my body lotion does not have that white goopy mess that takes a long time to rub in. This is a light yet it feels like I have worn something if you  know what I mean. It is also fragrance free and would not interfere with your normal perfume. It does deliver on protecting against dryness from the heat and air conditioning. 

My thoughts on Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturising Lotion:

Price: $12.99 for 354ml. I do think this is on the pricier side for supermarket brands. Chemist Warehouse is selling them for $10.95, compared to say Johnson's 24hr Body Rich Lotion $6.99 for 400ml at Priceline. It is slightly more than the usual brands. This is probably going to influence my Buy again factor. 

Purpose: Delivers as a moisturising lotion. It is a light easy to apply lotion and has no fragrances if you hate strong smelling body lotions. I did like the feel of it and I found that it was 'heavier' than the usual body lotions like Nivea in terms of staying power. My itchiness issue was a heat rash and I had to take steroid medication for it! I joke with Mick that I will start talking in a deep voice and be all manly soon. 

I have to make special mention for the smart design of the bottle. I am not sure if I am just a noob or something but I liked that you can twist the top and close the pump top. So this means no mess if you are travelling with the bottle.

Let me know what you think of Aveeno. This is the first Aveeno product that I have tried and the boys are also using the baby range which I hope to talk about soon! 


13 comments:

  1. Aveeno skin relief is one of my faves!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O'rly! I find it delivered the moisturising purpose without being heavy either. It is a good combo.

      Delete
  2. I've used this before too.. one of my favourites I think I stopped buying it bcos my supermarket stopped stocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get a stronger moisturiser as mine just isn't cutting it. I hate heavy, greasy lotions though. I'm always running late in the mornings so I need to be able to slap it on and just pull on my clothes! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not greasy and heavy feeling.. look at "smear" pic LOL I just had to call it smear pic.
      Try this one. :)

      Delete
  4. I have to say I'm really slack with moisturising...it needs to be on my list of resolutions for this year!

    I haven't ever tried Aveeno, but it does look great, I'm now tempted to go out and buy it thanks to your review. :p

    I do love products with a lovely scent though, which is where this one loses out a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohhhh noooo.. I am a body lotion MUST HAVE. I can't handle it if I don't have any on.

      Have a go at this but if you prefer fragrance and a citrus smell the Sukin one is not bad too :)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad to see you have enjoyed this product Ling! I am due to review it on my site soon (coincidentally) - in a nutshell I find it good for typically rough areas (soles of feet, elbows).

    Again, thank you for taking the time to catch up it was fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all, glad I managed to catch up with you :) YAYYY for Laksa and Bib! LOL

      Oh is it? OMG do I have rough areas on my paws! I'm gonna slather this on.

      Delete
  6. I really like aveeno's moisturisers, they absorb quite quickly for me, I love the one with menthol, the cooling effect is great in this heat :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. My doctor swears by this stuff and 'prescribed' it for me when my skin was hypersensitive and itchy last winter - yes it works!!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...