Monday, March 11, 2013

Buttermilk Pancakes

Excuse that stray bit of pancake in the syrup
Nothing says long weekend - or weekend full stop - like Pancakes.

I usually use Nigella's recipe from Nigella's Express. But I had buttermilk in the fridge from an Aldi shopping trip. And you know what! I forgot that I had this until I read a tweet about Buttermilk pancakes!

I used good old Martha Stewart for this. Recipe link here. But I adapted it slightly well, no choice as I only had a 600ml carton of buttermilk.

Ingredients
2 cups plan flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon sugar
2 large eggs
3 cups buttermilk (I only had a 600ml carton which is less than 3 cups and I used that entirely)
4 tbsp melted butter

Zomg big bowl of batter
Method: Shift flour and mix in sugar and salt. Add in your wet ingredients. Whisk if you can find a hand whisk. I honestly don't know where mine is... last time it was sighted on Pickles who ran off with it. We have looked everywhere and I think he might have thrown it out in the bin or something. I had to improvise with a powered beater whisk! Mental note yet again to buy new whisk.

First of all, let me say that this makes A LOT of pancakes. Look at all that batter! I think that I will be eating pancakes later today and tomorrow as well.

When I cook the pancakes I do not usually add oil to the pan as I use a non-stick frying pan. I leave it at sort of medium heat. With buttermilk pancakes they do not usually bubble as it is quite a thick batter. So check that it is cooked and then flip it. These are so yummy and Martha has got it goin' on! Also please be using maple syrup. I get mine from Costco in a one litre bottle - do not judge - and I have 2 in storage ready to go. LOL!


16 comments:

  1. They look amazing!

    OMG, you need to stop impulse buying from Costco lol...I can just imagine what your pantry looks like!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG you have no idea... I spend $400 last time!! I don't know what happened!? But the maple syrup we cook a maple syrup dumplings. Hells to the yeah it is the best thing I have ever tasted. But lord it uses quite a bit of syrup!

      Delete
  2. We should make a rule, next long weekend in Victoria .. Ling brings breakfast to my house hahah.. They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely.. but seriously I don't mind. I have set up a dining table now and there's room for you and D. ROFL.. seriously i love entertaining.

      Delete
  3. YUM! I'm seriously craving pancakes now x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good pancake breakfast - now I'm praying it pops up on the menu sometime over the next 7 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will not invite you over as it would be pure evil!
      When you finish 12WBT!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Next long weekend (not easter) you are most welcomed. LOL

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. They are quite picky now though. Don't eat this.. don't eat that...

      Delete
  7. yum these look light and delicious! i love adding buttermilk to my pancake mix, gives such a nice tang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally have buttermilk on hand so usually skip this.
      Have you tried ricotta hotcakes too? OMG they are yummmmmyyyy..

      Delete
  8. Those look way too yummy!! Will have to try this recipe some time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My advice is to halve the recipe... too much pancakes...

      Delete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...