Monday, May 6, 2013

Review: Neutrogena Naturals Cleanser range


I was sent the Neutrogena Naturals cleanser range to review a few months ago before I left for Singapore. The first thing that hit me when I opened the pack was how good it smelt. When I was a teenager Neutrogena was the IT brand. The brown soap bar was the IT thing to use. I used to collect and read any American fashion magazine that I could get my hands on as a teenager in Singapore. Their ads were always clean, fresh and so chic. I remember this conversation with another girl about Neutrogena bar soaps even today! So I can say it was nostalgic to see that there is a Natural range face & body bar soap in the pack! Pictured above left to right purifying scrub, face & body bar, fresh cleansing makeup remover and purifying cleanser.

Makeup Remover Ingredients

Purifying Facial Cleanser Ingredients

Purifying Scrub Ingredients

Face & Body Bar ingredients

I have taken pictures of the ingredients listing as well as someone on the Facebook page had asked for ingredients list. What I like about this is there is an explanation of what the ingredient is derived from. Sometimes I am looking the ingredient lists of a skincare bottle and I feel like I need a science degree to understand it. This includes organic skincare ingredients, other than water they always sound very inorganic to me.

I have not used the soap bar as I do not have a container for it - lame excuse I know I really don't have one! I have been using the makeup remover to take even BB cream off. It does not soap and foam up, it is not a creamy texture either. I would say it's more liquid than a cream cleanser. I have been using a cream style cleanser for about a year now. And I must admit that I still miss the old foaming style cleanser. I have been using the purifying cleanser in the evenings as sometimes I just like that super clean feeling that foaming cleansers. I have been avoiding them as last winter I had really dry skin and switched away from foaming cleansers. The Neutrogena purifying cleanser leaves me a clean feeling and doesn't feel tight. Personally due to super dry skin in winter, I might leave this for Summer where I would love a good splash down cleanser. The cleansers fragrance reminds me of green apples and personally I do like it.

One thing that surprised me was the facial scrub. I squeezed this out of the tube and thought it was really grainy. I thought that it would feel rough on my face but it did not. I recommended this to Lianne from Food Made with Love as she had the winter dry peeling and she is still talking to me so I guess it went well for her. LOL! The moisturiser items are not available yet until June but there is also a lip balm in this range that is available now.

Price: RRP is $14.99 for all cleanser items including the scrub and $4.99 for the bar soap. The bar soap is 99% made from naturally derived ingredients and the others range from 84% (makeup remover) to 94% (scrub). Moisturiser items that are available from June 2013 in Australia will also be $14.99. Price wise and bang for buck, I think this is really good. Some lunch menus in the CBD cost $15 these days.

Purpose: The makeup remover was a gentle non-foaming cleanser and I did think my skin felt nice and not dry after. I was also surprised by the foaming purifying cleanser that did not leave a tight feeling but I would keep this one for Summer. The scrub grains were gentle and there were plenty of grains in there. I know there are some people who prefer a grainy scrub but personally I think I prefer one that is less and I can use it more often in a week. I would think the bar soap would be a better alternative to liquid in terms of costs and purpose too. Has anyone else tried the bar soap? Let me know what you think!

12 comments:

  1. these sound great! the neutrogena cream cleanser is my fave cleanser so it will be great to try a natural one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooohhhh i need to check that one out.
      Bang for buck it is really good value.

      Delete
  2. The brown bar of soap! I remember that!! I used to use the exfoliator and the foam cleanser. I'm so lazy, all of this happens in the shower. My skin regime is non-existent. I use Nivea hand and body creme on my face! I'm going to try out QV cream for my face, get dry around the mouth..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL i do everything in the shower too! Except the hot water is really bad for my face in winter.

      Delete
  3. You get sent some cool stuff! can you believe I use neutrogena , as in I buy and use their moisturiser everyday because I have such sensitive skin and when my skin was really bad it actually didn't annoy it! I went to the lancome counter the other day and the lady practically scoffed at me when I told her what skincare I use hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear.. lancome lady did not get a sale I'm guessing!

      Delete
  4. I think I've only tried Neutrogena once...a long time ago. And hello, go to Daiso and get yourself a soap container lah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no space.. seriously! I have a clutter phobia now.

      Delete
  5. I bought the cleanser + make up remover last July in the States (see how long it takes for us to get stuff!)and I'm still using it - lasts for ages and I've been really pleased with it so I might re-stock when this bottle runs out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's almost a year! Good it's lasted so long.
      Yeap the cleansers are available at Priceline now but just gotta wait for the moisturisers to hit our shelves in June. :)

      Delete
  6. I used that Neutrogena brown soap as a teenager in Singapore too! I remember it had a rather strong antiseptic smell. So nice to hear they have a nice new range available now.

    PS: I'm hosting a Suigo hair pack giveaway; hope you enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/suigo-hair-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. my skin hates me at the moment, it's blemish central. Might have to pick this up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...