Thursday, June 9, 2011

You cannot control the events ...

But you can control the reaction ... This was my takeaway from International Womens' Day 2011. I remember running in with excitement. Ok there was free food but I always LOVE IWD because it was a chance where we get together as women and we do a camaraderie pow-wow thing. I am also biased in this year's IWD as it was lead by one of my favourite SEs. As usual she looked amazing and she has the best shoes!

So I am sitting there while this guy who is powered by a carton of V PLUS caffeine went on his rally speech. It was about events and how we cannot control the events but we can control our reaction.

That is something that I believe we all should remember and try to put into practice. Instead of being angry what what we cannot control, perhaps we should try to look at it at a different angle. Well that's my daily (trying to) post for Project Positivity. What have you done to control your reaction to negative events? Would love to hear from my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...