Friday, April 19, 2013

Stalk my Holiday Noms: Singapore Chow Down

I am a creature of routine so being on holiday throws me off. But the best thing about being in Singapore is tasty food at good prices (some places) available at anytime of the day that you want it. Well maybe not at all hours unlike Hong Kong. I have so much to blog but so little time. So to get back into routine of Stalking posts, I gotta do one big Nom brag post. Hold on tight.. 
Clockwise: Truffle Mac n' Cheese, Foie Gras Bak Chor Linguine, Salmon Otah,
One thing I have found about being in Singapore.. is that they ALWAYS bring the bill to the males. Dude my Mum's credit card was in the folder, why did you hand it to the only male on the table?? Another thing I realised is that if you are a tourist, nobody will let you pay in Singapore. This is one of the lovely meals that we had in Singapore that my friend suggested. The restaurant has shut down - sorry peeps. But to nom brag.. it was a fusion Euro-SEAsian place. Truffle Mac and Cheese.. for the win!
Bosses Yummies!
Another friend of mine A met us at Vivo City Bosses. The star dish of the restaurant were the salted egg yolk custard buns called Liu Sha Bao. I call them squirty molten lava buns. I managed to squirt custard everywhere and create so much mess. It was embarrassing but lord it tasted good. We also had a beautiful vegetarian tofu dish bottom left picture - which doesn't do justice to it. And on the bottom right is yummy pork belly. Mick said he could just sit and eat that one dish.

Clockwise: Prata! Char Kway Teow, Oyster Omelette, Char Kway Teow again!
Char Kway Teow is Mick's favourite Singaporean hawker food and for me I would probably pick Roti Prata as it is so expensive to have a roti prata here. Yes! Roti Prata for breakfast.. that's the schizzle. The two pictures on the right were from Wisma Food Court. You just cannot get decent oyster omelette in Melbourne. I tried the one at Taiwan cafe and it was blah.

Imperial Treasure Dim Sum
Prawn Chee Cheong Fun
Can someone say DIM SUMMM (or to Aussies Yum Cha)?? On weekends most Chinese restaurants are booked out and you definitely have to call up and book a table. The highly acclaimed Tim Ho Wan had not opened yet when we were there. We went to Imperial Treasure at Great World City twice in 2 days. Yeappp.. that's how much we love it. The Siew Yoke (roast pork) is amazing and crisp and is very lean without being dry. I have not had pickled ginger with century eggs in years so I had to order it. Mick was like ??? and did not like it one bit. Excuse those Siew Mai and Beef Ball pictures that are missing a ball. I was feeding Pickles and forgot to take pictures before eating. The prawn Cheong Fun looked yummy... I am not sure as D ate one entire plate by himself. Sigh.. 

Loong Fatt Tau Sar Piah
My Uncle waited 1.5hrs for Tau Sar Piah .. 1 and a half hours people! The box of goodies was still hot when  I was eating. These are pastries filled with green bean pastes and there are two varieties - sweet and a salty version. My personal favourite is the salty. Heck to the yes... now where to find this in Melbourne? :( Get yourself to 639 Balestier Rd which is near Thomson Medical Centre. Do not get distracted by the other Tau Sar Piah stores along that road.
Controversial Durian puffs
You either hate or love durian. There is no in between. Lucky for me I love it.... these are what I believe to be choux pastries filled with durian paste. There were soft, yummy and fresh... and maybe smelly too. I can sense your nausea right now so I shall stop! LOL 

Ball Food
I gotta add a ball food right? I love Takoyaki octupus balls so much! This was from the food court in Ion and we had our balls with bubble tea. Yum Yummmm..

23 comments:

  1. Good golly gosh, this made me drool.

    I miss the food in Malaysia/Singapore sooo bad.

    Does help a bit that I have a massive lamb shank dish slow-cooking as we speak though. Can't wait to go home and eat! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too.. i came home and found all breakfast options here YUCK.

      Delete
  2. Serious chow envy here. I want the century egg too, that delicate yet chewy gelatin texture. I love smelly foods...bring it on. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, cos I thought people might think wtffffff century egg!

      Delete
  3. DAMN...should not have clicked on this post. I'm hungry now and cannot eat anything but bloody baby food! That prata..oh hell the whole food "show" on this post is making me drool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a bit scared to read this as I had a feeling it would make me really hungry, lol!

    I miss those oyster omelettes! It's one of my fave things to eat when I go back to KL!

    PS, Pickles looks adorabes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking.. Pickles? Alamak that is D. LOL
      I loveeee oyster omelette and hokkien prawn mee.

      Delete
  5. I think i'm pretty versatile with my palette. Ill actually eat anything but there is one thing in this life that I encountered and have been scarred. This food is Durian. I tried it, I really did but I just cant get past that smell. My sister LOVES it on the other hand and she usually doesnt like to expand her food choices lol. I DO WONDER if I would like the said contraversial durian puffs? Actually, I dont like Durian Cake. Thats whta scarred me. Maybe it wasnt coked correctly? lol
    all the food looks so mega yum and being at work on a sat morning in the office is making it look 28973892 even better.
    It looks like you had a great time :)
    - KK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo to working on Saturday but seriously Durian is one of them WTF things, you really either hate it or love it. There is no meh in between option so don't question. LOL nah durian cake is pretty intimidating too actually!

      Delete
  6. Drooooooooooool! Massivest one haha! I've never tried durian and I'm really curious! I can be really honest when I don't like something, so probably shouldn't try it out in public :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really stinks girl.. i wouldn't try this in public. HAHaha

      Delete
  7. That food looks amazing. I love Singapore and the hawkers market.

    I have never heard of Durian but the husband says its too stinky to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah.. bring a clothes peg! :) My brother never ever liked it and thinks it's so disgusting he wouldn't go near the kitchen if we have it.

      Delete
  8. My sister is dying to go back to singapore now that she has heard tim ho wan has opened!

    Don't you just love the asian fight to pay the bill? =p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good asian fight for the bill. Or actually the restaurant will just bring it out to the male - true story!

      Tim Ho Wan has a LONG queue according to mum. You start queueing up at 10am.

      Delete
  9. I always again a few kilos after Singapore! What did you kids think of the food? Considering going there soon as I think it's pretty kid friendly right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok. You lose it all when you come home as everything is so blah. LOL
      Yeap it's kid friendly I do think.

      Delete
  10. I want this in my tummy right now haha Its cold and wet outside so this would be perfect.. Wah! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Struggling with breakfasts these days .. cos I really just want noodles for breakfast. LOL.

      Delete
  11. Roti prata for breakfast - yum!!!

    I STILL haven't tried anything with durian in it. I must take the challenge next time!

    ReplyDelete

Oh hey stalkers.. leave a message so I know you've been stalking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...