Here's the recipe off lifestylefood channel's website. I had forgotten about this until I saw a re-run (isn't Foxtel all about RE-RUNS!! GRRR) and I thought this would be good for the poor man to have while at work.
- 2 Eggs
- 300 ml Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2½ cups Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 150 g shredded Coconuts
- 75 g unsalted Butter melted
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Lightly whisk eggs, milk and vanilla together.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl, add sugar and coconut, and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the centre and gradually stir in the egg mixture until just combined.
- Add melted butter and stir until the mixture is just smooth, being careful not to over-mix.
- Pour into a greased and floured 21 x 10 cm (81/2 x 4 in) loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until bread is cooked when tested with a skewer.
I have not done any sewing since leaving the hospital as my back had been really bad. As you can imagine my centre of gravity has been messed up and breastfeeding a baby (although he is itty bitty) has done my back in. Mick has bought me a new sewing machine and I will be BACK next week! Truly looking forward to it - and not being back at work.